Thursday, July 06, 2006

Instinctively flashier than Java

As a software engineer one always likes to keep abreast of the trends and advances in technology, particularly software development. So what's the latest and greatest programming language? Java... C# ... Maybe for application development... but what about mobile computing?

According to one game development firm, it's
FlashLite. Before you form an opinion hear me out. They make this somewhat bold technology choice based on the 'impending rise of Flash and imminent downfall of J2ME' - I'll give you all a few minutes to contemplate that...

Now I know that everyone would have had their thoughts on the choice of Flash over J2ME and more particularly the impending fall of J2ME - all I am going to say is 'script kiddies', rather self-explanatory I hope (at least on what I think). I'd be interested to know what Sun's response is. I always thought side-scrolling games (even with flash) would have disappeared with the new millenium. let alone the advent of 3D graphics and technology. Nonetheless, full credit to the game development studio and their innovative plans for domination of the side-scrolling flash game world!

1 comment:

Aditya Prateek Anand said...

I guess they gave in to their 'basic' 'Instinct'